Dr. Jeffrey Younggren, Ph.D. is a California based forensic psychologist with extensive experience as a military forensic psychologist at all stages of Criminal, Civil and Military Courts Martial proceedings.
Dr. Younggren’s general forensic consultation includes psychological assessment, litigation consultation, jury consultation, and expert witness testimony. Dr. Younggren is often retained by plaintiff’s counsel and defense counsel in civil matters, as well as prosecution and defense counsel in Criminal cases to include Courts Martial.
As a world-renowned military forensic psychologist, Dr. Younggren offers the following services:
- Military forensic psychology assessment/testing and consultation on topics including: violence risk assessment, trauma, traumatic memory, aid-in-sentencing, assessment of rehabilitation potential, PTSD-related forensic issues and false confessions.
- Expert military forensic testimony.
As a result of his military career and extensive military forensic experience having worked on over 400 military cases, Dr. Younggren is extremely mindful of the crucial differences between civilian versus military cases. In addition, as an experienced military forensic psychologist, Dr. Younggren is also mindful of ethical concerns pertaining specifically to the performance of forensic services in a military setting. His past experience includes effectively performing, consulting, and testifying about evaluation results at courts-martial.
Previous Forensic Military Psychology Trials/Case Studies:
- Qualified and testified as an expert on traumatic memory for the Bosnian War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague, PROSECUTOR v. ANTO FURUNDZIJA
- Prosecution Expert Consultant, U. S. v Charles Amos Wilson, III, Capital Murder Case
- Defense Expert, U. S. v Staff Sergeant Nicholas R. Cron, Premeditated Murder Defense
- Testifying Expert, People v Dale Akiki, San Diego, California
Dr. Younggren brings to the table an extensive career with the United States Army including the following:
- Commissioned, Second Lieutenant, United States Army Reserve, University of Arizona, 1969.
- Division Psychologist, Captain, 9 th Infantry Division, Ft. Lewis Washington, 1973 – 1975.
- Major, United States Army Reserve, Letterman Army Medical Center, Presidio, San Francisco, 1981 – 1990.
- Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army Reserve, Brook Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas, 1990 – 1992.
- Lieutenant Colonel, United States Army Reserve, Office of the Surgeon General, Washington, D.C., 1992 – 1998.
- Colonel, United States Army, Office of the Surgeon General, Washington, D.C., 1999 – 2002.
- Retired, United States Army, May 2002.
- Distinguished Member of the United States Medical Department, 2002.
Member, U. S. Army ROTC National Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class, 2016.