Yes, bearded dragons can eat eggs. Eggs are a good source of protein and are easy to prepare, making them an enticing food source for bearded dragons.
Adult bearded dragons should eat no more than half an egg at a time, and they should not be fed eggs more than once every other week.
It is also important to cook the eggs before feeding them to your bearded dragon. Raw eggs should be avoided because they can contain harmful bacteria that can make your pet sick.
Scrambled eggs and hard-boiled eggs are safe for bearded dragons to eat, but they should not be mixed with any additional ingredients such as seasoning, oil, butter, or dairy.
Nutritional Benefits Of Eggs For Bearded Dragons
Eggs are a great source of protein and calcium for bearded dragons.
They provide essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B12, Iron, Selenium, and Phosphorus.
Eggs are also a great source of healthy fats and Omega-3 fatty acids.
These are essential for healthy skin, coats, and nails.
Eggs also provide a good source of dietary fiber and can help with digestion.
Bearded dragons can benefit from eating boiled, scrambled, and even hard-boiled eggs.
These should be offered once or twice a week as part of a balanced diet.
They can also provide mental stimulation for bearded dragons.
Offering eggs as a treat can help keep them active and engaged.
This encourages them to explore, investigate, and forage for food. This can help keep them mentally stimulated and active.
How Often Eggs Should Be Offered To Bearded Dragons?
It is recommended to offer one hard-boiled or scrambled egg once a week as part of their diet.
In addition to offering one egg per week, it is important to also provide a variety of other sources of protein.
This can include mealworms, crickets, cockroaches, and other insects.
Bearded dragons also benefit from a small number of lean meats, such as chicken, turkey, or lean beef.
It is important to avoid fatty meats, as these can cause digestive issues.
There are various types of commercial bearded dragon diets available, which can provide a balanced diet for your pet.
How To Feed Them Eggs?
When it comes to feeding bearded dragons eggs, it is important to consider the feeding methods, egg safety, egg types, egg variety, and egg quantity.
Here are some tips for incorporating eggs into your bearded dragon’s diet:
- Feeding Methods: Bearded dragons can eat eggs cooked or raw. It is recommended to cook them thoroughly before feeding to minimize the risk of bacterial contamination.
- Egg Safety: It is crucial to ensure that the eggs you feed your bearded dragon are fresh and not spoiled. Spoiled eggs can cause digestive issues and even lead to salmonella infection.
- Egg Types: Bearded dragons can eat a variety of different types of eggs such as chicken, quail, and duck eggs. Chicken eggs are the most commonly fed type.
- Egg Quantity: Eggs should not make up more than 10% of your bearded dragon’s total diet. Too many eggs can lead to an imbalance in their diet and cause health issues.
Incorporating eggs into your bearded dragon’s diet can provide a variety of nutrients and add diversity to their meals.
How To Store Eggs Properly For Your Beardie?
- Store eggs in an airtight container at room temperature or below.
- Make sure the eggs are in a place away from any direct sunlight or heat source.
- Rotate the eggs every few days to prevent them from sticking together.
- Do not stack the eggs on top of each other, as this could cause the shells to crack.
- Discard any eggs that appear to be cracked or damaged.
- If you are storing the eggs for more than a week, make sure to check them periodically for any signs of spoilage.